End-of-Life and Euthanasia
The decision to euthanize or support the process of natural death of a beloved family member is not an easy one. The only person that can decide when "it is time" is you. You know your pet best and have the ultimate decision making capability at Into the Sunset. This is your journey, and we are here to support you.
Some things you may want to consider are:
- Quality of Life
- Quality of life is not only reserved for the pet but for the caregiver as well. How is the diagnosis or disease impacting you?
- What do you want the death to look like?
- What do you need to be more confident and peaceful with your decision?
- What are the special things your pet liked to do? Is she or he able to do those things?
- Is your pet depressed or withdrawn?
- Religious or philosophical beliefs on death?